The pandemic took an economic toll on families across Virginia, including the 95th District. The American Rescue Plan Act was passed by Congress to address many of the needs that residents, businesses, and localities had. Here is some information about what is in the funding. And continue to scroll for information about what the General Assembly is doing with federal funding coming to Virginia.
Fact Sheet on the ARP - White House
Relief for Small Businesses - White House
Relief for Women - White House
TCI Half Sheet on ARP
Other Resources for COVID-19 Relief:
Rent, Mortgage, Utility Relief
New Housing Laws as of July 1 (Eviction Prevention)
COVID-19 Funeral Assistance
Make your appointment or Just Walk In!
You and your loved ones can find appointments in Virginia by clicking here.
Or you can attend these centers for walk-in vaccinations.
- Newport News Community Vaccination Center:
- Located at 13785 Warwick Boulevard
- Open for walk-in vaccinations &appointments for ages 12 and over
- Open Monday-Saturday from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM
- Hampton Community Vaccination Center:
- Located at Hampton Coliseum at 1000 Coliseum Drive
- Open Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:30am-5:30pm
- Open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00am-7:00pm
Need a ride to your vaccination appointments? The City of Newport News and HRT are partnering to provide 2 free bus passes for vaccination appointments to Newport News residents to go to any Hampton Roads vaccine clinic! Call 3-1-1 or visit nnva.gov for more info! Please share this!
Issues with Unemployment Benefits?
Update!!! The Legal Aid Justice Center led a lawsuit to fix VA's Unemployment system. Click here for an update on their work. If you need help with your unemployment insurance benefits please call or text our office at 757-266-5935 or you can reach out directly to Legal Aid by clicking here. We can also help with issues dealing with housing as well!