The next GENERAL elections for Newport News/Hampton will be on
Tuesday, November 2, 2021
On Election Day, polls are open from 6am-7pm.
What's on your ballot?
- Delegate Price is on the ballot in November! Click here to volunteer with her campaign! Find out more about her campaign!
- Offices on ballot: Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, House of Delegates, Sheriff, Commonwealth's Attorney, Commissioner of the Revenue, & Treasurer
Important Dates to Remember:
- Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration: Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
- Anyone who will turn 18 by Tuesday, Nov. 2, can register to vote now.
- Check your status – if you’re marked as INACTIVE you must update your registration by October 12th!
- Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you: Friday, October 22, 2021 by 5:00 PM
- Last day of in-person early voting: Saturday, October 30, 2021 by 5:00 PM
- City Hall 6th Floor Monday- Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Fountain Plaza II Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Both locations - Saturday, October 23rd & 30th 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Both locations - Sunday October 24th 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Old Circuit Courthouse Monday-Friday from 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday Voting – Saturday, October 23rd & 30th from 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday Voting – Sunday October 24th from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Request your absentee ballot by 5:00 PM on October 22
- By Phone in Newport News: 757-926-8683
- By Phone in Hampton: 757-727-6218
- Returning your absentee ballots:
- Witness signatures are required unless it is returned in-person.
- Can be returned by mail and must be postmarked by Nov 2 and received by noon on Nov 5. Don’t chance it, send it back as soon as possible.
- Can be returned in person to your voter registrar's office by 7pm on Nov 2.
- Can be returned on Nov 2 by 7pm at your local polling location.
Precincts for the 95th District:
Boulevard - Knights of Columbus Building
Briarfield – An Achievable Dream Middle & High School
Carver – Carver Elementary School
Chestnut – Dochiki Club
Deer Park - Deer Park Elementary School
Downtown – City Council Chambers
Dunbar – An Achievable Dream Academy
Hilton - Main Street Library
Huntington – Doris Miller Community Center
Jefferson – Marshall Courts Rec Center
Magruder – Discovery STEM Academy
Marshall – Marshall Early Learning Center
Newmarket* – American Legion Post 25
Newsome Park – Newsome Park Elementary School
Oyster Point - Yates Elementary School
Palmer* - Palmer Elementary School
Reed – Downing Gross Cultural Arts Center
River - Virginia War Museum
Sandy Bottom (HAMPTON)* - Sandy Bottom Nature Park
Saunders* - Saunders Elementary School
Sedgefield - Sedgefield Elementary School
South Morrison – South Morrison Family Learning Center
Warwick* - Warwick Recreation Center
Washington – Booker T. Washington Middle School
Watkins - Watkins Early Childhood Center
Wilson – Ivy Baptist Church
*split precinct with another district
USE THIS WEBSITE TO CHECK YOUR VOTER INFO:
For more information, please click on the links:
- VA Department of Elections Citizen Portal - Log in to your voter information!
- Who Is My Legislator? - Type in your address and see who represents you on the state and federal levels.
- Virginia Department of Elections - A great resource for voting info.
- Newport News Voter Registrar - Local voter resources
- Hampton Voter Registrar - Local voter resources
- Information on Restoration of Voting Rights - Apply to have your rights restored by the Governor or check on the status of your application.
- Can't remember how a bill becomes a law, no problem! Get your refresher here.
Current Elected Officials for our area:
President - Joseph R. Biden
Vice President - Kamala Harris
US Senator - Mark Warner
US Senator - Tim Kaine
Congressional Representative and Districts
1st Rob Wittman
2nd Elaine Luria
3rd Robert C. "Bobby" Scott
Statewide Elected Officials:
Governor -Ralph Northam
Lt. Governor - Justin Fairfax
VA Attorney General - Mark Herring
State Senator and Districts
1st Monty Mason
2nd Mamie Locke
3rd Thomas Norment
State Delegates and Districts
91st Martha Mugler
92nd Jeion Ward
93rd Michael Mullin
94th Shelly Simonds
95th Marcia "Cia" Price
Newport News Local Leadership:
Mayor - McKinley Price
City Council - Vice Mayor Saundra Cherry, Tina Vick, Dave Jenkins, Pat Woodbury, Marcellus Harris, Sharon Scott
School Board - Chair Douglas Brown, Vice Chair Lisa Surles-Law, Gary Hunter, John Eley, Terri Best, Marvin Harris, and Rebecca Aman
Newport News Constitutional Officers:
Sheriff - Gabe Morgan
Commonwealth's Attorney - Howard Gwynn
Commissioner of the Revenue - Tiffany Boyle
Treasurer - Marty Eubank
Clerk of Court - Angela Reason
Hampton Local Leadership:
Mayor - Donnie Tuck
City Council - Vice Mayor Jimmy Gray, Billy Hobbs, Chris Snead, Steven Brown, Eleanor Brown, Chris Bowman
School Board - Chair Joe Kilgore, Vice Chair Reginald Woodhouse, Stephanie Jackson Afonja, Jason Samuels, Richard Mason, Ann Cherry, and Tina Banks-Gray
Hampton Constitutional Officers:
Sheriff -Karen Bowden
Commonwealth's Attorney - Anton Bell
Commissioner of the Revenue - Ross Mugler
Treasurer - Molly Ward
Clerk of Court - Linda Batchelor Smith
Email me at PriceForDel95@gmail.com or text us at 757-251-0787
Updated October 2021